Sunday, August 26, 2007

My Ramblings....

This post is a little different from my usual post. I am just updating my normal readers on the goings on and what is coming up. If you aren't interested in a few ramblings, it would be a good idea to stop here and check back sometime tomorrow. Otherwise, don't say I didn't warn you....


My Schedule: I am traveling off and on over the next week and a half. I hope to update this site tomorrow, Wednesday, and sometime over the weekend. Be forewarned that I am traveling and because of that, I won't make any promises. Next week I will be back home and my schedule should be back to normal.


Global Warming: I haven't written much about global warming lately. That hasn't stopped those who believe passionately in global warming from attacking me lately. For the latest on that discussion, check out my last post. I am currently reading the Politically Incorrect Guide to Global Warming and Environmentalism. This has been a very thought provoking and entertaining book so far. Look for a Book Review on it in the coming weeks. On that same note, I have a promise to Familyman that I still intend to keep. I promised him I would watch Al Gore's "documentary" on global warming. I have a copy of An Inconvenient Truth. Since I am traveling so much, I am going to put the movie on my iPod and watch it on a plane or two. As with the P.I.G. book, look for a review on Mr. Gore's movie in the coming weeks as well.


The Newark Executions: Michelle Malkin is continuing to follow this story even though the main stream media doesn't seem to know it exists. I can't find much information on it from CNN or Fox News. However, Mrs. Malkin is doing a very good job of keeping attention focused on it. She has pointed out that more details are surfacing in this case that point to the gang MS-13. An additional adult was arrested and, as with the other adults, his immigration status is also "questionable". It is questionable in that he didn't have a valid drivers license or social security card, but was arrested with a U.S. Passport that authorties weren't able to say was a valid passport. This is an appaling story that needs to be followed. I encourage everyone to check out Michelle Malkin's website for the latest on this story.

I hope you enjoyed these tidbits. I am also asking for a few book recommendations. I am constantly writing book reviews and I always write book reviews about books I like. I am asking for recommendations from my readers with a different political belief system than my own. So, for those of you who believe that bigger government is better, or that we should have a national healthcare system, or that man-made global warming is going to kill us all, let me know what you think. Now is your chance to give me the titles of the books that you are sure will change my mind.

Thanks for reading, and check back in the next couple of days when I will return to my regular format.

No comments: