Sunday, February 03, 2008

My Political Information

In preparation for Super Tuesday, and the rest of the Presidential race, I thought I would share some of the places I get my political news and commentary from. I don't get my opinion from these places, but I consider them when I am examining any issue. As you follow the race, I would recommend these sources if you want to stay up to date on what is happening in the races. Some of my sources are from places that you may not know about, so I hope everyone tries at least one of these out.


The first place I go for political information is always Real Clear Politics. This site post links to the best editorials every day. During the race, they have been tracking the delegate counts for both parties, and have been tracking the latest polls. One note on the poll numbers, the RCP polling represents an average of all of the big polls. This tends to weed out some of the polls that may be just flat wrong for some reason. I also like the site because they have the best commentary from both sides of the argument.


I am a subscriber to both The Weekly Standard and Human Events. Both of these are conservative publications. Both are well researched and have very interesting articles. Some of the editorials get reprinted in other locations. Both publications carry book reviews. With the shear number of political books released every year, it is nice to have a few sources that help to weed out some of the books that I might have otherwise considered reading.


I have mentioned on this site before that I am a fan of both Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter. You may disagree with each of these, but both are quoted and talked about on both sides of the aisle. Rush has a three hour show each day that is worth listening too. Ann has a weekly column that is updated on Wednesdays.



There are other sources (like the Drudge Report) that I occasionally use for political information. However, the sources that I have listed above, along with numerous books, give me the majority of my political information. That information helps shape some of the opinion you have come to know and love.

No comments: